If you are trying to eat a bit healthier and want to grow your own produce, this recipe for a tantalising dish will be sure to set your tastebuds on fire. It?s easy to make and is a unique dish which is ideal for treating your guests. This recipe will make enough for 6 people.
Ingredients for Carrot, Parsnip and Cashew Nut Roast
3oz uncooked rice
4oz broken cashew nuts, lightly toasted
1 large Spanish onion
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp oil
6 oz grated parsnips
1 tsp thyme and sage
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1. Cook and mash the carrots, sweat the parsnips, onion and garlic in oil.
2. Cook the rice.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
4. Put all the ingredients in a 2lb loaf tin lined with baking parchment.
5. Cook it for 45 minutes at 200C.
6. If you wish you can add some roasted potatoes and gravy to the dish.