These little delights make the perfect unique organic snack or starter for guests. The ingredients below serve 2 people.
Ingredients for Chicken Lettuce Cups
2 tsp peanut or canola oil
½ cup chopped violia onion
1 ½ cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ tsp minced ginger root
½ cup water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 cup diced cooked skinless dark meat chicken
2 tbsp low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 cup cooked brown rice
2 scallions thinly sliced
4 lettuce leaves, large ? washed
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1. Get a large sauté pan and heat the oil at a medium to low heat. Add the onion and sauté for around 3 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat and add in the garlic and ginger root. Saute for 1 minute.
3. Add in the chestnuts and cook for 1 minute
4. Stir in the chicken, broth, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper.
5. Place the riced in with the ingredients and cook for around 3 minutes. Take it from the heat and stir in the scallions.
6. Divide the mixture and place it into the lettuce leaves, sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Settle back, relax and enjoy as a healthy snack!