You can find the ingredients for this fresh and delicious dish in your garden. It is an ideal meal for keeping energy levels up, due to the complex carbohydrates and high fibre of the sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are also low in calories, making them ideal if you are watching your figure!
Ingredients for Curried Sweet Potato Salad
2 pound of Sweet Potatoes (should be peeled and cut into ¾? chunks)
3 tablespoons of Pecans
½ cup fat free plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise and brown sugar
½ teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup pineapple, drained 3 scallions, sliced
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, fill with cold water and cover. Bring the potatoes to the boil and then reduce heat. Simmer until tender and then drain and cool.
2. Cook the pecans in a non-stick skillet at medium heat. Keep stirring for 3 or 4 minutes or until they are toasted. Chop the pecans and put them aside for now.
3. Put the yoghurt, mayonnaise, sugar, curry powder and salt together and whisk.
4. Add the pineapple, scallions and potatoes ? mix with spatula.
5. Sprinkle the dish with toasted pecans.
6. Serve immediately.
This dish serves 6 people.