The Fresh Taco Salad is a light and refreshing dish which is easy to make and filling enough to enjoy as a main meal
Ingredients for Fresh Taco Salad
½ cup fresh salsa
4 cups mixed salad greens
2 cups multigrain tortilla chips with flaxseeds
½ cup chopped tomato
1 medium avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
2 ounces crumbled queso fresco
2 ears of corn with husks and silks removed
¾ cup of peeled jicama
Dressing of choice
1. Take a large serving platter and line it with salad greens.
2. Combine the black beans, corn, jicama and tomato in a medium sized bowl.
3. Use a spoon to place the mixture over the greens.
4. Take the avocado and chile pepper slices and place it over the bean mixture.
5. Top it all with chips, salsa and cheese.
6. Drizzle the dressing on top.
7. Serve and enjoy!