This Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart is an easy recipe to follow and is a delicious dish for sharing with friends. It is a dish which will brighten up any summer?s day.
Ingredients for Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart
1 teaspoon of water
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 sheets frozen puff pastry
1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
¼ snipped fresh basil
2 pounds tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
1 cup shredded Asiago
4 ? 4 ½ ounce tub goat cheese
What to Do:
1. Pastry should be left to thaw for 1 hour at room temperature
2. Mix the egg yolk and water in a bowl and put it to the side. Take the pastry sheets and unfold them on a floured surface. Roll these gently to get rid of any creases.
3. Take the pastry sheets and cut ½ inch strips from the 4 sides. Brush the sides of the pastry sheets with the egg mixture.
4. The cut strips should now be placed on the edges of the pastry sheets, put them in place so that each has a raised edge, then trim down the ends.
5. The pastries should now be placed on the 2 parchment baking sheets. You can then brush the pastries with egg mixture and prick with a fork.
6. Sprinkle the cheese and then bake the sheets, individually at 425F degrees for around 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
7. Take a small bowl and stir the goat cheese, garlic and thyme. Spread it over the bottom of the tart shells.
8. Use the tomato slices to garnish the top of the goat cheese mixture and drizzle the olive oil over them. Sprinkle with some basil and salt.
9. Cut the tarts into serving sizes for 8 servings.