A healthy choice for those who are watching their waistline and ideal for the spring/summer months. Easy to make and delicious!
Ingredients for Vegetable Rice Bowl
1 1/3 cup brown rice ? room temperature
3 tbsps olive oil
¼ cup pine nuts
1 cup of halved grape tomatoes
½ cup fresh basil
½ ounce fresh Parmesan cheese
1 cup of frozen shelled green soy beans
3 tbsps lemon juice
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups chopped zucchini
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsps grated lemon rind
2 cups of chopped zucchini
1. The main ingredients should be mixed up in a large bowl and blended well together.
2. Take a medium skillet and heat it over a medium to high heat.
3. Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat it in a pan.
4. Add the zucchini and saute for 4 minutes, with some stirring.
5. Mix this with the rest of the oil and rice mixture. Toss and add some shaved Parmesan cheese.