A light snack or a starter, this soup is delicious, filling and easy to make. This recipe serves around 6/8 people
Ingredients for Vegetable Soup with Parmesan Toasts.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
2 bunches of green Swiss chard
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 cup of grated Parmesan
1 small butternut squash ? cut into ½ inch pieces
1 ½ cups of dry white wine
½ inch thick sliced baguette ? 12/16 of these.
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven
2. Take the Swiss chard and rinse and drain them. The leaves should be stacked and sliced into 1 inch wide strips.
3. 1 tablespoon of oil should be heated up in a saucepan at medium heat. You can then add the garlic and keep stirring and cooking for around 1 minute.
4. Add in the Swiss chard and squash together, keeping stirring it together.
5. The wine, salt and pepper can now be added until it has boiled.
6. Cover it, reduce the heat and simmer for around 15 minutes.
7. The remaining oil can now be used to brush the baguette slices.
8. Place these on foil and add some Parmesan. Then bake it all for about 15 minutes. Place the soup into bowls, with the toasts on top.
9. Serve and enjoy!